Alexandria man injured in fireworks mishap
A 31-year-old Alexandria man was injured while lighting off fireworks Saturday.
Thomas N. Pierce attempted to light a mortar shell and while holding on to it, the shell ignited and blew up in his face, according to the Douglas County Sheriff's Office.
A 9-1-1 caller reported the incident, which happened at Little Mary Circle SW, Alexandria at 10:42 p.m.
The mortar round caused a deep laceration to Pierce's face and scalding injuries to an eye.
Are you a newspaper subscriber but you don't have a Digital Access account yet? https://secure.forumcomm.com/?publisher_ID=40&event=subscriber/lookup.
You will need your subscription account number and phone number. Not sure if you have an account? Email us at email@example.com and we can help you.