Area Student Accomplishments
Scholarships, Dean’s List, Enrollment, Awards, Graduations
Amanda Flinn of Morris was among more than 3,500 students who graduated from Wayne State University this semester. Flinn received a master's degree in Library and Information Science.
Three Morris residents were among the 598 students who participated in commencement exercises at Concordia College on Sunday, May 5:
• Jennifer Buchanan, daughter of Eric and Sarah Buchanan, graduated magna cum laude with majors in psychology and classical studies and a minor in history.
• Samantha Buro, daughter of Richard and Judy Buro, earned a degree in social work.
• Tyler Meichsner, son of Dean and Rita Meischner, majored in accounting and minored in economics.
Cambria Aanerud, a nursing major and a resident of Donnelly, was among over 150 undergraduate students from Crown College who made the Spring Dean's List. To be eligible, students must have a semester GPA of 3.5 or higher.
Stefan Lemke was among nearly 900 St. Olaf College students who were recognized for academic achievement at the college's annual Honors Day convocation on May 3. Lemke, from Morris, is an Individual major. He is the son of Lory Lemke and Pieranna Garavaso.
Courtney Grout of Morris has received a $1,000 Upper Class Scholarship from Minnesota State University Moorhead. Grout is the child of Chris and Becky Vogel. The Upper Class Academic Scholarship is available to students pursuing their first Bachelor’s degree with a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.25 and completion of at least 12 MSUM credits. The award recognizes outstanding academic achievement, leadership and contributions to campus and community organizations.
Minnesota State University Moorhead awarded degrees to 828 students during its spring commencement on Friday, May 17. Local graduates who received degrees include:
• Shane Howe of Chokio, B.S. in social studies;
• Megan Johnson of Morris, B.S. in elementary inclusive education and special education, magna cum laude;
• Aaron Lund of Cyrus, M.S. in educational leadership;
• Jennifer Mattheis of Morris, B.S. in social studies, cum laude;
• Brandon Moser of Morris, B.S. in management;
• Stephanie Noel of Morris, B.S. in health services administration.
Lauren Kill of Morris graduated from South Dakota State University with a BA in agriculture and biological sciences.