Area Student Accomplishments 6-15-13
Scholarships, Dean’s List, Enrollment, Awards, Graduations
Ross Larson of Morris received an associate of applied science degree in agriculture during the Lake Area Technical Institute graduation ceremony on Friday, May 10.
Tabitha Sanderson of Morris has been named to the dean's list at Augustana College for the spring semester of the 2012-2013 academic year. The dean's list recognizes full-time students who have a minimum of 12 credit hours with grade-point averages at 3.5 or above.
The following students have been named to the Minnesota State University Moorhead dean’s list in recognition of academic achievement for the 2013 spring semester: Holly Amundson, Kelsey Amundson, Sydney Beyer, Wade Ehlers and Kayla Evink of Morris; Molly Asfeld of Chokio; Megan Johnson of Alberta; and Shadow Olson of Donnelly.
Students must maintain a 3.25 or higher grade point average and carry 12 graded credits to qualify for the honor.
Rory Anderson, daughter of Tony and Karin Anderson of Morris, and Stefan Lemke, son of Lory Lemke and Pieranna Garavaso of Morris, have been named to the dean's list at St. Olaf College for the spring 2013 semester. The dean's list recognizes students with a semester grade point average of 3.75 or higher on a 4-point scale.
President Kevin Kopischke is pleased to announce the following students received a diploma at Alexandria Technical and Community College's graduation ceremony held on May 15, 2013:
• Dena Carbert of Morris received a diploma in practical nursing and and was named Outstanding Student in the practical nursing program.
• Tyler McNally of Morris received an Associate in Applied Science degree in mechatronics. McNally graduated with honors.
• Megan Mecklenburg of Morris received a certificate in truck driving.
• Danielle Nordquist of Morris received a diploma in practical nursing.
• Mary Wulf of Morris received an Associate in Science degree in nursing. Wulf graduated with honors.
• Ashley Zidarich of Cyrus received an Associate in Applied Science degree in accounting. Zidarich graduated with honors.
Mason Metzger and Bradley Parson of Morris and Bryan Shaw of Hancock earned recognition on the dean’s lists for the spring 2013 semester at Ridgewater College. In order to be included on the Dean’s list a student must maintain a GPA of 3.5 or higher and be enrolled in at least 12 credits.
Benjamin Jerke of Hancock was named to the 2013 spring semester dean's list at Luther College. To be named to the dean's list, a student must earn a semester grade point average of 3.5 or better on a 4.0 scale and must complete at least 12 credit hours with 10 hours of conventional grades (A, B, C, D).