Weather Forecast

Close
Advertisement
Autopsy: Toddler likely choked on marbles
Email Sign up for Breaking News Alerts
news Morris, 56267
Morris Minnesota 607 Pacific Avenue 56267

BARNESVILLE, Minn. - Preliminary autopsy results indicate a 3-year-old girl who died Sunday at her rural Barnesville home died from asphyxiation as a result of swallowing marbles that constricted her airway, Wilkin County Sheriff Tom Matejka said Tuesday.

Advertisement
Advertisement

Kylie Martinez-Braton lived in the home with her mother, Mici Braton, and grandparents Randy and Trinda Braton.

Matejka said one of the grandparents called authorities at 7:35 a.m. Sunday. A deputy and Barnesville ambulance crew arrived to find the girl lying in bed unresponsive and cold to the touch. She had some bruising around her lips, Matejka said.

Advertisement
randomness