The bell is removed from the tower at 1st Congregational Church
The old bell tower at 1st Congregational Church was leaking and causing structural problems. It was decided to remove the tower and bell. The bell will soon find a new home at the Lakeside Cemetery. The bell was installed at the first church in 1906 and moved to the current location. A crew from Hancock Concrete used their crane, hooked on to the tower and bell and slowly lowered each to the ground. Dave Schmidgall worked in the tower to free the bell and attach it to the crane.