News from the Morris Public Library
University of Minnesota, Morris’ Education Minnesota Students Program is sponsoring a “Read Across America with Dr. Seuss” event on Saturday, March 1 in the library meeting room from 1 to 3 p.m. This event is open to all age groups and will include a story time, crafts, movie, and snacks. Come one, come all.
Computer Basics is continuing once a month on a Saturday with Peter Bremer or Jayne Blodgett. On Saturday, March 15 Peter will be at the library at 9 a.m. to answer computer/technology questions. The library does not open until 10 a.m., so if you plan to attend, be sure to use the side entrance, off the alley.
Minnesota author Jeanne Cooney recently wrote a book, Hot Dish Heaven which is a murder mystery taking place in the Red River Valley. She has been invited to Morris on Monday, March 24 to speak at the Kiwanis Club at noon. After that, at 3 p.m., she will be at the Morris Public Library for a book discussion and reading. Refreshments, with recipes from the book will be provided by the women of the Morris Senior Center. For those of you who can’t be here in the afternoon, Jeanne will be in the library that evening, after 6:30 p.m. Books will be available for sale. Please plan to attend.Our display case for March showcases a collection of horse figurines belonging to Yvonne Walcott. If you have a collection you would like to display for a month in the library, contact us at 320-589-1634.
A sampling of mystery books by Minnesota authors follow:
• C. J. Box, Open Season, 2001
• Carl Brookins, Case of the Greedy Lawyers, Nodin Press, 2008
• Monica Ferris, Crewel World, Betsy Devonshire needlework series, 1999
• Joanne Fluke, Lemon Meringue Pie Murder, Hannah Swensen Mystery, 2003
• Ellen Hart, A Killing Cure, a Jane Lawless Mystery, 1993
• Erin Hart, Lake of Sorrows, 2004
• David Housewright, Practice to Deceive, 1997
• Julie Kramer, Stalking Susan, 2008
• William Kent Krueger, Iron Lake, a Cork O’Connor mystery, 1998
• Jess Lourey, May Day, Murder-by-month mystery series, 2006
• Mary Logue, Blood Country, 1999
• Larry Millett, Sherlock Holmes and the Rune Stone Mystery, 1999
• Mabel Seeley, Crying Sisters, 1941