Filing for federal, state and county offices opens today
MORRIS – The filing period for federal, state and county offices up for election in November 2014 begins at 8 a.m. today, Tuesday, May 20, and ends at 5 p.m. on Tuesday, June 3.
Candidates filing for federal office need to file with the Office of the Secretary of State in St. Paul. Candidates filing for state offices may file with the Secretary of State or with the state or county auditor in the county where the candidate resides.
Filing in Stevens County can be completed at the Stevens County Courthouse, 400 Colorado Ave, Suite 303 in Morris.
Candidates can file in person or by mail, and candidates who will be absent from the state during the filing period may arrange to file, in person, prior to departure.
The following local officials are up for election in November:
- Stevens County Commissioner in District 2, Jeanne Ennen
- Stevens County Commissioner in District 5, Phil Gausman
- Soil and Water Conservation Supervisor in District 2, George Libbon
- Soil and Water Conservation Supervisor in District 3, Jim Krosch
- County Attorney Aaron Jordan
- County Sheriff Jason Dingman
- County Auditor/Treasurer Neil Wiese
- County Recorder Virginia Mahoney
The filing period for city races is from July 29, 2014 to August 12, 2014. The offices of Mayor Sheldon Giese and Council members Jeff Miller and Brian Solvie are up for election this November.