Weather Forecast

Close
Advertisement

Fish house catches fire on Pomme de Terre Lake Saturday

Email Sign up for Breaking News Alerts
news Morris, 56267
Morris Minnesota 607 Pacific Avenue 56267

MORRIS - A fish house on Pomme de Terre Lake caught fire Saturday afternoon while three young adults were inside.

Morris Fire Chief Doug Storck, who was out on the lake ice fishing with his family, was first to respond to the scene.

Advertisement
Advertisement

"My dad and I went to shore for fire extinguishers I had in my truck and returned to try to extinguish the fire, which had no effect," said Storck.

The fire was likely caused by a gas leak that ignited. The fish house went up in flames quickly because of the spray foam insulation in the house.

Storck urged fishermen to check that all gas line hoses/tubing and fittings are secured tightly and double check the venting on heaters.

"Never let the guard down, even with the simple things," said Storck.

The attached video was submitted by a Morris Sun Tribune reader.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement