Hancock Library News
Five Easy Ways to get children to read this summer
1. Get your child a FREE library card at your local public library. Many of you already have these. Our policy is not to issue library cards until after 1st grade but the children may check out books on their parents card if it is okay with the parent.
2. Sign your child up for the Summer Reading Program at your library. Kids will enjoy crafts, prizes, and more!
3. Read to your children everyday. Keep books everywhere, in the car, in the kitchen, by their beds.
4. Set a good example; read on your own and talk to your kids about what you're reading.
5. Keep a list on the refrigerator of the books everyone has read during the summer.
Our summer reading program is open to kids of all ages. It's a fun way to include reading in summer activities and also to maintain and maybe even improve reading skills over the summer. All our prizes and snacks are provided from the Friends of the Library funds, which have come from our balloon sales and book sale.
So Tuesday June 15---noon---See ya there!