The public is invited to attend a meeting on Thursday, Oct. 11, to discuss a 2015-2016 project to rebuild the Interstate 94/Highway 29 interchange and expand Highway 29 to four lanes south of I-94.
An open house is scheduled from 4 to 6 p.m. at the Alexandria City Hall, 704 Broadway, Alexandria, Minn. A short presentation will begin at 5 p.m.
The meeting is an opportunity for the public to get an overview of the project, which includes:
· Reconstructing the I-94/Highway 29 interchange ramps
· Rebuilding the Highway 29 bridges over I-94
· Improving access to nearby frontage roads
· Expanding Highway 29 to four lanes south of I-94 to County Road 28
· Realigning County Road 28
Representatives from the Minnesota Department of Transportation, project consultant SEH, the city of Alexandria and Douglas County will be available at the meeting to answer questions and discuss concerns.
The project will reduce long-term maintenance and improve safety and mobility along Highway 29. The project was recommended in the Alexandria Area 2030 Transportation study completed in March 2011.