DETROIT LAKES - An 33,000-square foot expansion to MeritCare Detroit Lakes is expected to be complete by spring 2011, the health provider announced in a news release this morning.
The expansion will be to the east of the existing clinic at 1245 Washington Ave., and the project also includes a 28,000-square-foot remodel of the existing clinic.
"Our top priority was to listen to patients' medical needs and then to build our services to better meet those needs," the news release says, adding the project will allow MeritCare to provide more highly-specialized medical services in the region rather than patients having to travel to Fargo for care.
The expansion includes:
- Surgery Center with two operating suites
- Expanded imaging services and space
- Expanded lab services and space
- Expanded and relocated physical therapy space
- Outdoor space for mobile medical units with over-head canopies on the south and north entrances
- Expanded clinic space for future growth of up to 36 providers, both primary and specialty care.
Detroit Lakes Clinic joined MeritCare in 1985 and the current clinic was built in 1987.
The clinic has 87 employees, 11 doctors, four PA/NPs, with five doctors providing outreach medical services.