Morris celebrates Prairie Pioneer Days
MORRIS – Morris area residents celebrated the city in style over the weekend during the 30th annual Prairie Pioneer Days festival.
Despite brief rain on Saturday morning, East Side Park was buzzing through most of the weekend and the weather was beautiful for the Prairie Pioneer Days Parade on Sunday afternoon.
There were also many winners in contests throughout the weekend:
- Winners in the Kiwanis talent show included dancer Brienna Dybdahl, speech duo Kate Folkman and Alyna Kleinwolterink, and dancer Hailey Thielke. All three acts will have the chance to compete at the Minnesota State Fair.
- Winners in the Willie’s SuperValu Children’s Medallion Hunt were three-year-old Josie Looker, seven-year-old Karlie Bruns, and 12-year-old Hailey Hoffman.
- Emma Zosel of Morris was named Miss Morris Area 2014. Abigale Bodene of Forest Lake, Minn., a student at the University of Minnesota, Morris, was named Miss Midwest 2014 and Tori Fuhrman of Morris was named Miss Morris Area First Runner Up.
- Final wristband winners from the weekend were Jacob Thorstad, Whitney Riley, Stan Mumm and Wayne Morford.
- There were two finalists in the half court basketball contest: Eric Asche of Morris and Nathaniel Slaton from Illinois.