Weather Forecast

Close
Advertisement
Morris firefighters quickly laddered the roof and used a Chimney Sweep along with water canisters inside a home to extinguish a chimney fire on Friday night.

Morris firefighters respond to chimney fire

Email Sign up for Breaking News Alerts
News Morris,Minnesota 56267 http://www.morrissuntribune.com/sites/default/files/styles/square_300/public/fieldimages/1/0128/fire.jpg?itok=Ag2t-bhW
Morris Sun Tribune
320-589-4357 customer support
Morris firefighters respond to chimney fire
Morris Minnesota 607 Pacific Avenue 56267

MORRIS, Minn. -- The Morris Fire Department was called to a chimney fire on Friday night at 6 Parkway Terrace in Morris.

The call came in at 8:34 p.m.

Advertisement
Advertisement

According to Fire Chief Dave Dybdal, firefighters quickly laddered the roof and used a chimney sweep along with water canisters inside the residence to contain the fire in a small area. Firefighters were on the scene for an hou and a-half.

The Morris Police Department, Stevens County Sheriff's Office, and Stevens County Ambulance assisted at the scene.

Dybdal reports that the cause of the fire was creosote accumulation. He urges people who use wood burning appliances to have a annual chimney inspection by a qualified chimney professional. This can prevent fire or carbon monoxide poisoning.

If you suspect a chimney fire, evacuate your home and call 9-1-1.

Advertisement
news@morrissuntribune.com
Advertisement
Advertisement