New plane for the flying club
MORRIS, Minn. -- The officers for the Morris-Hancock Flying Club took time on Dec. 1 to inspect their new airplane, a 1982 Mooney M20J.
The Morris-Hancock Flying Club is a not-for-profit airplane flying club hangared at Charlie Schmidt Field, Morris. The purpose of the club is to promote general aviation and provide aircraft and facilities for use by members.
The Hancock Flying Club was incorporated in 1955. The name was changed to the Morris-Hancock Flying Club in 1960 and in 1964 the club relocated to the Morris Airport from a grass strip on Charlie Schmidt's farm. There are currently 23 members in the club.
In addition to the Mooney, the club has a Cessna 172 Skyhawk.