Weather Forecast

Close
Advertisement

Parkers Prairie man dies from carbon monoxide poisoning before house catches fire

Email Sign up for Breaking News Alerts
News Morris,Minnesota 56267 http://www.morrissuntribune.com/sites/all/themes/morrissuntribune_theme/images/social_default_image.png
Morris Sun Tribune
320-589-4357 customer support
Parkers Prairie man dies from carbon monoxide poisoning before house catches fire
Morris Minnesota 607 Pacific Avenue 56267

PARKERS PRAIRIE -- The body found inside of a rural Otter Tail County house that burned down Tuesday was an 88-year-old man who lived in the house, officials said today.

Advertisement
Advertisement

Walter Wallace Paulson, 88, died of carbon monoxide poisoning before being found on the scene of the fire, according to a news release from the Otter Tail County's Sheriff Office.

Paulson's home at 18400 County Highway 42 was engulfed in flames when a caller driving by reported the blaze to authorities at 4:13 a.m. on Tuesday.

Investigators have ruled Paulson's death accidental and don't expect the fire's cause to involve foul play, according to news releases from the sheriff's office.

County tax records list Paulson as an owner of the 110-year-old home, which is about three miles east of Parkers Prairie.

Advertisement
news@morrissuntribune.com
Advertisement
Advertisement
randomness