Tiger Cub Beat
Interactive white boards (Smartboards) have now been installed in all 25 K-6 classrooms (and several high school classrooms) thanks to a significant donation from the Morris Area Public School Foundation. The Foundation has truly made a difference in the quality of education we are able to provide and we feel extremely fortunate to be part of such a generous community. You can pick up information on the Foundation at any of our offices or look them up online at: http://www.morris.k12.mn.us/foundation/foundation.php
Some of the ways the Smart boards are utilized include:
Interactive student and teacher texts
Integrating animation effects into lesson design
Editing student work using colors, animations, and other tools
Students using diagrams to organize information when solving story problems
Students recording their own work for later review, including completing math problems and reading orally
Lessons enhanced with songs, art work, current events, videos, and supporting documents
2. The Morris Area School Food Service Department (Jeanine Bowman, Director) invites you to their first annual Bring Your Parents to Lunch Day!
This is a day to enjoy a school meal with your child. You will see how our USDA lunch program works and learn about our Farm to School Program. After a short video presentation, we will have a question and answer period so bring your questions and concerns!
The schedule will be as follows:
Nov. 12 - Kindergarten
Nov. 13 - First and Second Grades
Nov. 15 - Third and Fourth Grades
Nov. 16 - Fifth and Sixth Grades
Parents will be able to buy a lunch ticket in the hallway before/during lunch. You will not be able to charge to your account that day due to time constraints. Thank you for your cooperation in this matter. A nonstudent meal ticket is $3.35. We look forward to seeing you in the lunchroom.
3. Special thanks to Tom Homme for the generous donation of a motorized wheelchair for district use.
4. Continue to check the school website for pertinent information. Among other things, October Student Authors from grades three through six and the October Tiger Cub Newsletter are available. [First go to the district web site, then click on elementary, then on PRINCIPAL]
5. Morris Area Schools fully supports military service members and their families. To best provide this support we are asking your help in identifying all military families in our district. Please contact our office by phone or email if you are a current member of the military (Active, Reserve, or National Guard).
6. Don't forget Coffee with Ken held from 7-7:30 a.m. in the elementary cafeteria the first Friday of each month. This is a time for fellowship, asking questions, and getting to know your school a little bit better!
7. As many of you are aware, Morris Area School utilizes an Instant Alert program (phone, e-mail, text) to send families important information. It is the responsibility of each family to keep phone numbers, e-mail, and mailing addresses current. In a recent message sent out to K-6 families, 137 messages were undeliverable. We do not want you to miss important communications so please take a moment to update! You can access the site through the Morris Area website at: http://www.morris.k12.mn.us/
8. Thanks to all of you who recently attended our first day of conferences.
9. Students are encouraged to wear red, white, and blue to the Veterans Day Program to be held Monday, Nov. 12 at 2 p.m. in the elementary gym. The public is invited.
10. Please feel free to contact me or stop in at your convenience. This is your school.
Nov. 12: Veterans Day Program - 2 p.m., Elementary Gym
Nov. 13: Elementary Parent-Teacher Conferences - 5 to 7:30 p.m.
Nov. 22-23: Thanksgiving Break - No School
Dec. 4-6: Elementary Book Fair
Dec. 6: Third and Fourth Grade Holiday Concert - 7 p.m., Concert Hall
Dec. 12: 2-Hour Late Start - Staff Development
Dec. 24 - Jan. 1: Winter Break - No School
Jan. 2, 2013: Classes Resume