All highways in west central Minnesota are now open.
The Minnesota Department of Transportation and the Minnesota State Patrol have opened all highways as of 8:15 a.m. in west central Minnesota.
The last of the roads to open was Highway 19 from Marshall to Redwood Falls.
Highways now open include:
- ·Highway 7 from Montevideo to Highway 71
- ·Highway 19 from Redwood Falls to Gaylord
- ·Highway 23 from Willmar to Granite Falls
- ·Highway 67 from Highway 75 near Canby to Granite Falls
- ·Highway 71 from Willmar to Sanborn
- ·Highway 212 from Granite Falls to Hector
- ·Highway 19 from Marshall to Redwood Falls
Current driving conditions can be hazardous due to ice and blowing snow, which can create periods of zero visibility without warning, and motorists should still use extreme caution when traveling.
MnDOT reminds motorists to be patient while snowplow operators work to improve driving conditions and prepare for additional snowfall.The majority of snowplow crashes take place during “clean up” when motorists resume their normal speeds.