Verndale school evacuated Tuesday
Verndale students and staff were evacuated from the school building Tuesday afternoon. Verndale fire chief Don Weniger said there was smoke in the wood shop, which may have been caused by a spark from a saw blade striking a nail, ignited some sawdust. No damage was done to the building. The school was evacuated but classes resumed for the seventh hour.
Are you a newspaper subscriber but you don't have a Digital Access account yet? You can activate your account here: Activate All Access.
You will need your subscription account number and phone number. Not sure if you have an account? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we can help you.