Weather Forecast

Close
Advertisement

Wadena house fire started accidentally with lighter

Email Sign up for Breaking News Alerts
news Morris, 56267
Morris Sun Tribune
320-589-4357 customer support
Morris Minnesota 607 Pacific Avenue 56267

A fire causing substantial damage to a Wadena home on Sunday afternoon was started accidentally by children playing with a lighter, according to Wadena Fire Chief Dean Uselman.

Advertisement
Advertisement

The lighter set the living room curtains on fire and the fire went up the wall to the attic.

There was fire coming through the roof vent when firefighters arrived on the scene about 3 p.m. Sunday, Uselman said. They got the fire under control quickly.

The fire caused some substantial damage to the living room and smoke damage throughout the house, he said. There were no injuries.

Advertisement
news@morrissuntribune.com
Advertisement
Advertisement
randomness