Wadena house fire started accidentally with lighter
A fire causing substantial damage to a Wadena home on Sunday afternoon was started accidentally by children playing with a lighter, according to Wadena Fire Chief Dean Uselman.
The lighter set the living room curtains on fire and the fire went up the wall to the attic.
There was fire coming through the roof vent when firefighters arrived on the scene about 3 p.m. Sunday, Uselman said. They got the fire under control quickly.
Are you a newspaper subscriber but you don't have a Digital Access account yet? https://secure.forumcomm.com/?publisher_ID=40&event=subscriber/lookup.
You will need your subscription account number and phone number. Not sure if you have an account? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we can help you.